World Day of Migrants and Refugees - Sep 25
The Church has been celebrating the World Day of Migrants and Refugees since 1914. It is always an occasion to express concern for different vulnerable people on the move; to pray for them as they face many challenges; and to increase awareness about the opportunities that migration offers. The Holy Father has chosen “Building the Future with Migrants and Refugees” as the theme for his message.
- Read the Pope's message for 2022 World Day of Migrants and Refugees
- A series of pastoral suggestions from the Catholic Refugee Sponsors’ Council (CRSC), as well as a resource list which includes bulletin announcements and prayers of the faithful.
- Prayer petitions for the Universal Prayer for Sunday, Sep 25:
- For all people displaced around the world, driven from their homeland because of war, persecution and injustice. We pray to the Lord.
- For migrants and refugees, that in the hospitality of Christians, they may experience God’s compassion. We pray to the Lord.
- Resources for families and parishes on migrants and refugees: